Template thumbnails do not appear
If the thumbnails are missing when you go to create a page with Pagebuilder > Content Templates - you need to follow this guide which will show you how to restore your content template thumbnails.
Normally this issue is caused by your hosting company not allowing our installation process to complete properly which can mean you are left with an incomplete set of templates or missing thumbnails. This process will show you how to restore both.
PLEASE NOTE: In some cases, this process will not work and you will need to speak to your hosting company to enable the relevant permissions to proceed with this process (in particular we have had issues with sites hosted on GoDaddy)
Section 1: Follow these steps first...
1. You firstly need to ensure that you are using the latest version of OptimizePress. You can check this by going to the members area and downloading the latest version, or using the automatic update from within your Wordpress dashboard. As a minimum, you should be using version 2.0.3 for this process to complete
2. Go to OptimizePress > Dashboard > Global Settings > Content Templates Reset and tick the "Yes, Reset Content Templates" box there.
3. Click "Save Settings"
4. The updater should run. If you see a green "success" bar then the installation completed successfully and you should now have the full set of templates
If you see an "internal server error" or "fatal error" or error 500, this means that your server isn't currently allowing the process to execute fully.
Section 2: If the process above does not work, please follow these steps...
1. First go to Plugins on your Wordpress site. You need to disable all other plugins (except OptimizePress if you are using the plugin version). You only need to disable these temporarily while you complete this process.
2. Follow the steps on this page to increase the PHP settings on your site:
Error - Fatal Error Maximum Execution Time
3. Follow the steps above in section 1 to reset your templates.
Your templates should now be reset. If this works...Go back to Plugins > Recently active and reactivate your other plugins
If that does not work - you will need to speak to your server administrator or hosting company and ask them to increase the max execution time limits on your server
GoDaddy Users Note: We have had extensive problems with GoDaddy and found that their hosting does not easily support the content templates upload system we use. Unfortunately in cases where you are using GoDaddy you may need to contact their support to raise limits on your server (their hosting is excessively restrictive and causes more problems which is why we do not recommend them)