Fatal error: Call to a member function generate_dialogs()
If you have recently migrated your website and see an error such as this on your OptimizePress dashboard or on your LiveEditor pages:
Fatal error: Call to a member function generate_dialogs() on null in /some/path/wp-content/themes/optimizePressTheme/lib/admin/live_editor.php
This error can be caused by corrupted data in your database after migrating your website.
How to fix this issue
We now have a specially designed plugin which can fix this error. You can download the plugin from the OptimizePress GitHub at: https://github.com/OptimizePress/op2-serialize-fix - click the "Clone or download" button and then click "Download Zip":
Before you use this plugin, please check the following:
- This plugin is for the specific error above - do not use this plugin for different errors
- Ensure you have made a backup of your WordPress database before using this plugin. You can follow this guide, or speak to your hosting company or webmaster for assistance. Unfortunately we cannot assist with database backups/restorations.
To use the plugin, follow these steps:
- Download the plugin zip file to your desktop or a location you can easily find it
- Go to Plugins > Add New on your WordPress site
- Upload the Plugin and click Activate when installed
- Go to Tools > OP Serialize Fix in the WordPress sidebar
- Click the "Fix serialized settings" button