This is an OptimizeLeads tutorial. The OptimizeLeads software is included within our Club subscription. To find out more about joining the Club, click the “Club” link in header when logged into your OptimizePress members account.
TUTORIAL AIM: In this tutorial, we will look at how to install the OptimizeLeads Plugin on your WordPress site.
– To begin, click on the ‘Integrations’ link on the top menu bar to take you to the integrations area.
– Scroll to the very bottom until you see the option to download the WordPress Plugin. Click on the ‘Download’ button to install the plugin to your computer.
– Next, head on over to your WordPress site and head to to the following location: Plugins >> Add New
– Click the button in the Add Plugins area to expand the upload window:
– Click the ‘Choose File’ button or alternatively, drag the file from your computer over to this area to select the file.
– Click the ‘Install Now’ button to install the plugin to your WordPress site. Once installed click on the ‘Activate’ button to activate the plugin.
You should now see the OptimizeLeads option on your main WordPress menu bar.
– From here, head to your OptimizeLeads menu and go to the following location: OptimizeLeads >> Dashboard
– You will be prompted to enter in your API key. If you have yet to create an API key. You will need to set this up in your OptimizeLeads Dashboard.
– To Create a new API key, go to ‘Integrations’ and click on the link.
– You will be taken to the API keys area. Click on the button.
– A new API key will be created with the option to give it a Name. You will be able to create as many API keys as you want for different integrations.
TIP: We recommend you name your API keys for future reference so you know where they are being used.
– Click on the button to copy the API key to the clipboard.
– Head back to your WordPress site under OptimizeLeads >> Dashboard
– Paste in the API code in ‘OptimizeLeads API Key’ area.
– Once this this done, save the changes.
– A new area should expand with various options to insert your forms.
– For a guide on how to insert forms into WordPress Blog Posts and Pages, please refer to the Publishing Forms to your WordPress Blog & Pages tutorial.