ActiveCampaign GDPR Opt-in Form integration
First, you need to create the tags inside ActiveCampaign. To do this, login to your ActiveCampaign account and go to "Contacts" and then "Manage Tags":
You'll need to create at least 6 different tags. Here's the list (you can use whatever names you wish as long as you recognize them later):
- GDPR 1 Accept
- GDPR 1 Decline
- GDPR 1 NonEU (this will be used when using the option to only show to EU)
- GDPR 2 Accept
- GDPR 2 Decline
- GDPR 2 NonEU (this will be used when using the option to only show to EU)
Once you have created your tags inside ActiveCampaign, you should be ready to configure your OptimizePress opt-in form.
Once you have inserted a form into your page you need to integrate with ActiveCampaign and choose the list you want to use:
After customizing your opt-in form settings, content and button, you can move to the GDPR Consent tab where you can configure the GDPR settings for this form.
Under the "Enable GDPR Checkboxes" section you'll see 3 initial options:
- Do not show GDPR Fields: Wil not show any checkboxes on your form
- Show to EU Only: Will only show your checkboxes to visitors from within the IP (by IP address)
- Show to all Visitors: Will show your checkboxes to all visitors to your page
You can choose the option which fits your requirements best.
If you enable checkboxes for EU or all visitors, you will need to select the tags that you created in activeCampaign to save the consent status of your subscribers.
In the example below, I have enabled the "Consent 1" checkbox, and you can see the options below it to configure. Here's an explanation of each field
- Consent 1 Label/Message - Enter your message to be shown next to your 1st checkbox. You can use HTML code here to add hyperlinks or bold text
- Consent 1 Accept Custom Field/Tag - Select your Consent 1 Accept tag here.
- Consent 1 Decline Custom Field/Tag - Select your Consent 1 Decline tag here.
- Consent 1 Not Shown/Non-EU Custom Field/Tag - Select your Consent 1 Not shown/Non-EU tag here. (only applies when using the Show to EU only option)
- Consent 2 Checkbox - enable the 2nd checkbox here if you wish (options are the same for both)
Once you have configured your tags you should test your form and set up appropriate segmentation based on these tags.
Note : GDPR features were added in OptimizePress version 2.5.14 - you must be using this version or higher to make these features available to you.
Our ActiveCampaign integration allows you to show GDPR consent checkboxes on your OptimizePress opt-in forms. You can send through the consent status to ActiveCampaign through the use of Tags setup inside your ActiveCampaign account.
If you plan to show the options to all site visitors then you most likely wouldn't need to use the "NonEU" tags.