Note : GDPR features were added in OptimizePress version 2.5.14 – you must be using this version or higher to make these features available to you.
Our CampaignMonitor integration allows you to show GDPR consent checkboxes on your OptimizePress opt-in forms. You can send through the consent status to CampaignMonitor through the use of Custom fields setup inside your CampaignMonitor account
First you need to create the custom fields inside CampaignMonitor. Custom fields are list specific inside CM, so this means you must create the custom fields for each list you wish to use with GDPR features.
Inside CampaignMonitor, go to “Lists & subscribers” and then select the list you wish to edit
On the right sidebar, click “Custom fields” to enter the Custom fields editor screen. From this screen you can add each of your custom fields.
You need to create 7 fields in total as seen in the screenshot below:
Ensure you add the following fields. The field names can be whatever you choose but must be easily identifiable for your segmenting of contacts later.
- GDPR Consent 1 Accept
- GDPR Consent 1 Decline
- GDPR Consent 1 NonEU
- GDPR Consent 2 Accept
- GDPR Consent 2 Decline
- GDPR Consent 2 NonEU
- GDPR Consent Notes
Ensure you use the “text” field type for all fields and do not make these fields required.
Once you have created your custom fields inside CampaignMonitor, you should be ready to configure your OptimizePress opt-in form.
Once you have inserted a form into your page you need to integrate with CampaignMonitor and choose the list where you added the custom fields to earlier
After customizing your opt-in form settings, content and button, you can move to the GDPR Consent tab where you can configure the GDPR settings for this form.
Under the “Enable GDPR Checkboxes” section you’ll see 3 initial options:
– Do not show GDPR Fields: Will not show any checkboxes on your form
– Show to EU Only: Will only show your checkboxes to visitors from within the IP (by IP address)
– Show to all Visitors: Will show your checkboxes to all visitors to your page
You can choose the option which fits your requirements best.
If you enable checkboes for EU or all visitors, you will need to configure the fields used in CampaignMonitor to save the consent status of your subscribers.
In the example below, I have enabled the “Consent 1” checkbox, and you can see the options below it to configure. Here’s an explanation of each field
- Consent 1 Label/Message – Enter your message to be shown next to your 1st checkbox. You can use HTML code here to add hyperlinks or bold text
- Consent 1 Accept Custom Field/Tag – Select your Consent 1 Accept field here. Our system will add “yes” in this custom field if it is checked
- Consent 1 Decline Custom Field/Tag – Select your Consent 1 Decline field here. Our system will add “yes”
inthis custom field if it is checked
- Consent 1 Not Shown/Non-EU Custom Field/Tag – Select your Consent 1 Not shown/Non-EU field here. Our system will add “yes” in this custom field if the form is not shown (only applies when using the Show to EU only option)
- Consent 2 Checkbox – enable the 2nd checkbox here if you wish (options are the same for both you just need to configure second privacy message and checkbox consent fields)
- Consent Notes Custom Field – select your custom field for storing the notes related to your optin form including button text and checkbox messag
Once you have configured your fields you should test your form and setup appropriate segmentation based on the custom fields in your campaigns (you should be able to segment based on custom field status inside CampaignMonitor).