Ontraport GDPR Opt-in Form Integration
Note : GDPR features were added in OptimizePress version 2.5.14 - you must be using this version or higher to make these features available to you.
This guide also applies to OfficeAutopilot which uses the same API as Ontraport. We recommend switching to Ontraport!
Our Ontraport integration allows you to show GDPR consent checkboxes on your OptimizePress opt-in forms. You can send the consent status to Ontraport through the use of Tags setup inside your Ontraport account.
Our system will allow you to add up to 2 checkboxes on your opt-in form and send the status of this checkbox (accepted / declined / not shown) to Ontraport via tags.
This guide will show you how to configure everything on the Ontraport and OptimizePress side to use these GDPR features and help get you on the way to ensuring making your forms GDPR compliant:
Here's a guide to using our
First, you need to create the tags inside Ontraport. Tags are account specific inside Ontraport, so this means you only need to create them once per Ontraport account
Inside Ontraport, go to 'Contacts" in the top menu and scroll down to the 'Settings' link at the bottom.
On the Settings page, find the option for 'Manage Tags'. This is where you will edit the t for use with the tags for use with OptimizePress GDPR Fields
You need to create a total of 6 tags
Here's the list (you can use whatever names you wish as long as you recognise them later):
- GDPR 1 Accept - this tag is used if the subscriber ticks your first checkbox
- GDPR 1 Decline - this tag is used if the subscriber DOES NOT tick your first checkbox
- GDPR 1 NonEU - (only for Show to EU setting) this tag is used if the subscriber is not shown checkboxes
- GDPR 2 Accept - this tag is used if the subscriber ticks your second checkbox
- GDPR 2 Decline - this tag is used if the subscriber DOES NOT tick your second checkbox
- GDPR 2 NonEU - (only for Show to EU setting) this tag is used if the subscriber is not shown checkboxes
Once you have created your tags inside Ontraport, you should be ready to configure your OptimizePress opt-in form.
Once you have inserted a form into your page you need to integrate with Ontraport and choose the list where you added the custom fields to using the process above:
After customizing your opt-in form settings, content and button, you can move to the GDPR Consent tab where you can configure the GDPR settings for this form.
Under the "Enable GDPR Checkboxes" section you'll see 3 initial options:
- Do not show GDPR Fields: Will not show any checkboxes on your form
- Show to EU Only: Will only show your checkboxes to visitors from within the IP (by IP address)
- Show to all Visitors: Will show your checkboxes to all visitors to your page
You can choose the option which fits your requirements best.
If you enable checkboxes for EU or all visitors, you will need to configure the fields used in Ontraport to save the consent status of your subscribers.
In the example below, I have enabled the "Consent 1" checkbox, and you can see the options below it to configure. Here's an explanation of each field
- Consent 1 Label/Message - Enter your message to be shown next to your 1st checkbox. You can use HTML code here to add hyperlinks or bold text
- Consent 1 Accept Custom Field/Tag - Select your Consent 1 Accept tag here. Our system will add this tag to the subscriber if the 1st checkbox is checked
- Consent 1 Decline Custom Field/Tag - Select your Consent 1 Decline tag here. Our system will add this tag to the subscriber if the 1st checkbox is NOTchecked
- Consent 1 Not Shown/Non-EU Custom Field/Tag - Select your Consent 1 Not shown/Non-EU tag here. Our system will add this tag to the subscrber if the form is not shown (only applies when using the Show to EU only option)
- Consent 2 Checkbox - enable the 2nd checkbox here if you wish (options are the same for both you just need to configure second privacy message and checkbox consent fields)
Once you have configured your fields you should test your form and set up appropriate segmentation based on the tags in your campaigns (you should be able to segment based on tag status inside Ontraport).