How to use WordPress comments duplicator element [PlusPack]
Please note: You must be using OptimizePress version 2.5.7 or above for PlusPack features to function correctly.
This video shows how to use the OptimizePress PlusPack WordPress Comments Duplicator element.
There may be times where you're running a product launch and would like your visitor comments to be seen on other launch pages. With the Wordpress Comments Duplicator element. we have now made this possible and very easy to implement.
To get started, you will firstly need to record the ' Page ID' of the page containing the comments that you would like to duplicate.
There are 2 methods:
- The first one is to hover over the page link on your page under the Wordpress page menu.
If you look to the bottom left of your browser (We've used Google Chrome), you should see a very long URL link appear followed by the 'Page ID'.
The link will typically look like this:
Look for the number after
This method is easier and requires a simple plugin installation called ' Catch IDs'.
I've included the URL link to the plugin below:
You can also look for the plugin inside your Wordpress member's dashboard by going to:
Plugins >> Add New
- Type in 'show ids' under the search box and scroll down the list of results until you find the plugin.
- Install and Activate the plugin.
- You should now see a new column under the Post & Page listings containing the Page ID.
Wordpress Comment Duplicator Setup
With your Page ID recorded. Open a new or Existing page you would like to add the comments to.
- Click on the ' Add Element' button and begin typing in the word 'Comments'. This will list all of the elements containing the word. From this list, select 'Facebook Comments Duplicator'.
- Enter the ' Page ID' of the page containing the comments you would like to duplicate.
- Click the 'Insert' button.
- You should now see text appear on the LiveEditor page that says "Wordpress Comments Advanced". This is completely normal. Go ahead and save the changes and preview your page.
- The comments should now appear live on your page.