Adding Facebook Comments on Blog Sidebar
| NOTE: Starting with OptimizePress version 2.5.11 we introduced a newer theme that has a more modern design, faster loading pages, and better SEO. We would suggest trying out the new OptimizePress Smart Theme. If you have an active updates/support license you should see this in the members hub, along with a downloadable PDF step by step guide on how to use the new Smart Theme
We can no longer provide the older OptimizePress Theme files for download for new sites. If you have an existing site and need to re-install the theme files please contact our support team and they will gladly assist with that. For now, we will still provide updates and support for the older OptimizePress Theme
This guide is for the older OptimizePress Theme version and not for the new Smart Theme
You need to use a Facebook Comments code if you want the comments to be shown on sidebar. To do this
1. Please go to https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/comments/, and look for Comments Plugin Code Generator.
2. Configure the fields as you deem fit. But, I strongly recommend using the URL of your blog on URL to comment on field and 318px on width field.
3. Click on "Get Code" in order to show the form codes.
4. Copy the first code and paste it to your site's WordPress dashboard >> OptimizePress >> DashBoard >> Analytics and Tracking >> Other Tracking Codes field.
5. The second code goes to WordPress dashboard >> Appearance >> Widgets >> Text widget
That should successfully show your Facebook comments on blog sidebar.